Talk

Advanced search

Want to draft this pattern...

(8 Posts)
Draylon Tue 11-Apr-17 18:11:59

This tunic- what shape do you think the front parts are on a pattern? want to try drafting it.

I gather it's an adaption from an adaption of a discontinued pattern?

But I like the way the pockets sit!

First image is the outside, second is the inside.

elephantoverthehill Tue 11-Apr-17 18:15:48

The only time have done something similar, I unpicked the original to get the shapes. I am sure those pockets have a name, if you find that out googling for ideas might be a bit easier.

elephantoverthehill Tue 11-Apr-17 18:20:26

sewoverit.co.uk/product/heather-dress-pdf-sewing-pattern/ This is similar I think.

TragicallyUnbeyachted Tue 11-Apr-17 18:23:35

They did a sew-along of the Cappuccino dress (the newer pattern that's a sort of updated version of the Simplicity one but with a different neckline) on the Oliver and S blog -- you can get a good idea of the general shape of the pattern pieces from that.

toughasnails Tue 11-Apr-17 18:32:51

I have done this before.
One time I used pattern paper and traced over the pieces and added seam allowance. However it took a lot of tweaking to get almost right.
If you really like it do what elephantoverthehill did..and draft the pattern
At least that way you will have a perfect pattern to use again.
Good luck

Draylon Tue 11-Apr-17 18:47:24

Sadly, it's just a photo, I don't have the actual tunic! But the posted link to Oliver and S blog is a pretty good guide! Thanks all.

Draylon Tue 11-Apr-17 20:55:59

I think I'll try it in miniature first, the tricky bits, then as a - is the word toile?- in cheap fabric to get the sizing right. Then the real thing!

elephantoverthehill Tue 11-Apr-17 21:13:37

Vintage patterns are sold on ebay, I you haven't already looked, or maybe you are setting yourself a challenge smile. Keep us updated on your progress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now