Talk

Advanced search

Outsized knitted floor pouffe

(8 Posts)
Draylon Thu 06-Apr-17 09:01:30

here

How do you think it's made? I am looking to make such a thing with T shirt yarn like this but am wary of buying a pattern I might not understand and which will use US terms!

What do you think?

SoupDragon Thu 06-Apr-17 09:16:06

I found this via Ravelry.

There were 7 free patterns but this had a link to one with UK terms (although I don't knot so have no clue!)

Draylon Thu 06-Apr-17 09:28:50

That looks interesting! I am aiming to make T shirt yarn myself, and I'm deciding whether to knit or crochet. I can't crochet grin but I don't think, with youtube videos, it'll be that hard to learn!

SoupDragon Thu 06-Apr-17 10:03:06

There were probably crochet versions on Ravelry too smile

you'd need to know the basic stitch plus increase and decrease I guess. Crochet also has UK/US terminology .

Draylon Thu 06-Apr-17 14:23:08

I had a look at a couple of the crocheting tutorials, and it appears you spiral round and around using the same reasonably basic stitch! I think the finished items look impressive because they're big, chunky and a bit 'rustic'!

I may yet stand corrected wink

SoupDragon Thu 06-Apr-17 14:27:54

You would need to have increases and then the corresponding decreases at the other end of the pouffe but I can't imagine it is at all difficult.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 06-Apr-17 14:35:31

the one in your op is knitted...using thick yarn and your arms instead of needles, as certain as I can be that US knitting is the same terminology as UK knitting

not sure but that one looks like a rectangle that's been gathered at the sides as the rows are vertical, not horizontal, then the sides become the top/bottom and the filling pouffes out the middle to get the shape, so not likely to be too many shaping instructions.

Draylon Fri 07-Apr-17 09:49:13

Sorry, the two linked images in my OP have caused some confusion!

I am after the look of the knitted pouffe, but the merino wool used to make such a thing costs a fortune, so I am thinking of going for (home made) T shirt fabric yarn, and then maybe crocheting a pouffe so it looks a bit like the seat cover shown in my second picture link, iyswim.

I quite like this youtube video.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: