Talk

Advanced search

Colour palette for a baby blanket

(7 Posts)
PiazzaDelPoppolo Sun 02-Apr-17 21:03:16

I'm going to start a crochet ripple baby blanket tomorrow for a pregnant friend. I've no idea what colours to use though. I'd prefer muted or pastel colours over bright primaries.

Was thinking of maybe a soft dove grey or cream with rows of other colours - but that's as far as I've got.

Can anyone recommend a nice palette or share pictures to inspire me? I'm going to the yarn shop tomorrow and without a plan I'll be overwhelmed with choice confused
Thanks

Midnight0 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:12:04

I love the combination of mint and grey or yellow and grey.

Midnight0 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:12:46

I love the one in the picture, but probably would choose a softer grey for a baby.

Mungobungo Sun 02-Apr-17 21:14:49

I did a pale grey, white and baby blue ripple blanket a few years ago for a family member, it looked gorgeous.

Grey and white go well with most colours, especially yellow, if you wanted to go more neutral or something different.

At the moment I'm crocheting a blanket for a little girl which is white with sparkly bits, a coral colour and raspberry pink. It's very cute

justkeeponsmiling Sun 02-Apr-17 21:16:03

This is one I did for my sister's baby girl. I did a similar one for my brother's baby boy but the elefants were dark blue, yellow and light blue

justkeeponsmiling Sun 02-Apr-17 21:16:57

*elephants, even

PiazzaDelPoppolo Sun 02-Apr-17 23:44:52

Those elephants are adorable but look a bit beyond my skill level.

I like the idea of grey, white and pale blue or maybe the mint green. Or maybe a duck egg blue. Too many choices....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now