Talk

Advanced search

How to make fluffy slime?

(13 Posts)
Halftermdog Sun 02-Apr-17 07:43:00

DD is desperate to make fluffy slime which seems to be made if shaving cream, pva and borax? I don't have borax and am not sure you can buy it in the U.K., any suggestions of what to try??

Sadik Sun 02-Apr-17 07:51:50

Ebay?
Or I've just found a 3-ingredient recipe on google that uses contact lens solution containing boric acid as an alternative (US recipe, but just checked and my cheapy vision express solution contains boric acid).

Coffeepleeeaase Sun 02-Apr-17 07:52:47

Pva glue and Aldi almat washing gel is the uk version for slime !

Coffeepleeeaase Sun 02-Apr-17 07:53:22

Sorry posted before I finished there's lots of uk versions on Pinterest 😊

chicshadow Sun 02-Apr-17 07:54:54

Hi, my dd has been trying to make this for ages and finally cracked it yesterday and is now making it for all her friends! She used shaving foam, pva glue and contact lense solution. I think the contact solution has to contain borac acid for it to work though. smile

CatOrCushion Sun 02-Apr-17 08:20:11

My DD is also slime obsessed, she went through pots and pots of various stages and much disappointment (we don't have an Aldi near us). She finally cracked it with some cheap eye whitener drops from Savers, glue and shaving foam. Hope you find a 'recipe' that suits smile

hazeyjane Sun 02-Apr-17 08:24:55

Yes contact lens solution.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Sun 02-Apr-17 11:50:14

I am so going big to try this!

You can buy borax powder in Boots and online, BTW. Possibly cheaper than contact lens solution.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Sun 02-Apr-17 11:50:46

Why did autocorrect see fit to add 'big'?confused

LilCamper Sun 02-Apr-17 11:52:57

My DD has made some using shaving foam, pva glue and Persia wash liquid. Added some poster paint for colour.

sluj Sun 02-Apr-17 12:00:56

Whatever you do, don't touch borax. My school sent an email round detailing that it can cause fertility problems for your children later on. I didn't check the truth of it as my DC are too old for slime but you might want to check it out yourself

Halftermdog Tue 04-Apr-17 09:45:05

Ok great, we did put in a bit of contact lens solution (they had watched a youtube vid which said to use it but it had no measurements of anything so I guess I didn't use enough?) I need it for my eyes?

Don't think I'd want them using washing powder/liquid but contact lens solution, pva and shaving cream I have. How much of each or doesn't it matter much??

THanks!

Jakeybakey Fri 04-Aug-17 23:56:56

Here's how I make mine:

Ingredients

PVA Glue (testing may need to be done first as different glues vary! make sure it is PVA though)

Shaving Foam (optional, but makes slime fluffy)

Paint (optional again)

Formil Biological detergent from Lidl (the green one! this is a substitute for borax which reacts with the glue)

OR use Almat Non Bio from Aldi instead of Formil

OR use Contact lens solution with half a teas spoon of baking soda

Method:
Mix PVA, foam and paint in a bowl.
Then, slowly add your activator (Formil, Almat or solution). Do this little by little until the glue clumps up. You should notice slime starting to form!

Once you have the basic method you can go ahead and practise this a few more times until you've found the perfect slime. Hope this helps everyone! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now