Talk

Advanced search

Crochet granny squares (confused)

(12 Posts)
CheepAndOrm Sat 01-Apr-17 14:44:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RiaOverTheRainbow Sat 01-Apr-17 15:12:07

They're all variations based on personal preference and crochet tension, there's no one right way. For a beginner I think it's probably easiest to start with a loop of chain stitches, and do 3dc/trebles separated by 1 chain along the sides and 2 chains at the corners. Or even better, find a detailed photo or video tutorial you like and do whatever that says. Once you're familiar with the stitches you can experiment to find the combination you like best. Have fun!

BiggerBoatNeeded Sat 01-Apr-17 15:14:49

If you're a beginnner I really recommend the attic24 website. The granny square there is nice and easy and there are lots of other nice beginner patterns. Careful though, once you've got it it's utterly addictive smile

CheepAndOrm Sat 01-Apr-17 15:55:15

PolterGoose Sat 01-Apr-17 16:00:21

turdpants Sat 01-Apr-17 16:01:01

When im going round in a circle I use a stitch marker/safety pin to mark the first stitch of the round then I know when I've made it back to the start point

PolterGoose Sat 01-Apr-17 16:02:20

PolterGoose Sat 01-Apr-17 16:06:26

CheepAndOrm Sat 01-Apr-17 16:11:06

CheepAndOrm Sat 01-Apr-17 17:57:09

PolterGoose Sat 01-Apr-17 20:57:04

eitak22 Sun 02-Apr-17 22:40:32

I found this video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIsh-o9AM0] incredibly helpful to learn granny squares. i could do rows but really struggled with granny squares and working in the round.

Theres lots of other tutorials on her channel too. As others said find the technique which you find easiest and go from there.

Also i love the basket smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now