We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

craft workshop: insurance?

(5 Posts)
Twistmeandturnme Fri 10-Mar-17 17:15:52

I seem to be falling between stools and wondered if anyone has done this (or similar) and can advise me please.
I have volunteered to run some childrens craft workshops at an event. I will be reimbursed for materials and have been given a ticket to the event. They have said I should get some liability insurance. The policies I've found don't seem to cover what I want to do (the workshop aspect).
Can anyone recommend an insurer which would understand what I'm looking for: not stallholder but workshop?
Thanks

debbs77 Fri 10-Mar-17 17:21:01

GM Imber might be good xx

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 10-Mar-17 17:23:19

Are you being paid for the workshops? Seems a bit off to expect you to have insurance if you are volunteer?

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 10-Mar-17 17:27:34

If you are not being paid for your time or earning anything from these worships I would expect the event to cover your liability

JoffreyBaratheon Fri 31-Mar-17 22:59:05

I use Ian Wallace. That covers workshops/teaching as well as shows, IIRC. They are very helpful on the phone and people I know who have been going to events for years - and those who run events - all recommend them highly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now