Talk

Advanced search

Caron cakes any good? What can I make?

(4 Posts)
Reetabiscuiteater Thu 09-Mar-17 10:52:03

I follow a few crochet groups on Facebook who keep talking about Caron cakes. Hobbycraft have just started selling them and I seem to have become a sheep and purchased a few (!). But I don't know what to make.

I make lots of ripple blankets, cowls and infinity scarves, and I am about to start a virus shawl. Maybe I don't actually need the yarn and should return it.confused

Has anyone else used it and what have you made? I've tried Pinterest but nothing is inspiring me.

Ta very muchly.

ImtheSantaAnaWinds Thu 09-Mar-17 10:55:08

I've been wondering the same! I nearly bought three one the other day, but didn't know what to make.

I think round ripples always look good with yarn like this though? My other option was a simple moss stitch blanket.

ImtheSantaAnaWinds Thu 09-Mar-17 10:56:49

I had a look through here too : www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/caron-cakes/projects?view=cards&search=&crafts%5B%5D=crochet

Reetabiscuiteater Thu 09-Mar-17 12:48:07

Thanks for the link. I may have found one or two things. Now I just need to decide if I have enough of the right colours. Moss stich is a good idea too. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now