Talk

Advanced search

Want to learn to knit...

(8 Posts)
Indigo89 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:11:40

I want to teach myself to knit. I have zero knowledge of any knitting terms at all. Complete beginner. What's the easiest way I can teach myself? Any books or websites? Or video tutorials?

Saralyn Tue 28-Feb-17 19:15:56

Hi Indigo.

This website has tutorials and easy patterns www.garnstudio.com/video.php?lang=en

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 28-Feb-17 19:22:13

I learned to knit before the Internet was invented grin but I had this. It is still available on Amazon and is actually very good for explaining the basic terms. I'm not sure if it has been updated since the 70's - some of the patterns were very much of the time. Knitted tie anyone?

However, there are loads of videos on YouTube for demonstrating the basics and you can pause and rewind as much as you like.

Indigo89 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:03:15

Great tips so far. I can't wait to get started!

IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 23:17:35

I used YouTube to learn knitting and crochet and I just about got the hang of it but couldn't quite make it work. DH then taught himself to knit so he could help me learn (it was very sweet)

I've found the videos that show you what to do and then show it again slowed down are the easiest ones to follow

Good luck, can't wait to see your first completed project smile

Astro55 Tue 28-Feb-17 23:19:09

Secondhand shops are great for needles and wool -

Moreisnnogedag Tue 28-Feb-17 23:26:46

YouTube. Truly wonderful. I also found this woman's videos extremely helpful

esmaesmomma Tue 28-Feb-17 23:32:10

Google is your friend xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now