Talk

Advanced search

Blackboard wall - no mess!

(5 Posts)
Cottontail456 Mon 20-Feb-17 10:21:14

I want to create a blackboard area on one wall of the playroom so my children can draw on it. The only problem is we have carpet in that room and I don't want chalk dust ruining it. Has anyone ever used chalk pens? Or anything similar that can be used on a blackboard and wipes of easily, without creating a dusty mess? Are there such pens available? Or am I being naive?!

user1477282676 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:12:46

I would advise against a wall. They NEVER look nice. Theyr'e always cloudy and messy in appearance. The drawings obviously only reach a couple of feet up and you get sick of wiping it down...the dust is inevitable and pens aren't ideal as they work on other surfaces.

TupperwareTat Mon 20-Feb-17 11:14:03

We have done the back of a door. We used Wilko blackboard paint.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 20-Feb-17 11:15:09

My kids have a blackboard easel and the chalk pens (think I got them from amazon) are great - really bold colours, wipe off easily, no chalk dust!

Okite Mon 20-Feb-17 11:16:07

Chalk pens work best on a glass/similar surface, we have some and let the kids doodle on our French doors.
If you are going to do a blackboard on a wall could you put a little shelf along the bottom like on traditional blackboards to catch the chalk dust?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: