Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about crafts a two year old would enjoy

(9 Posts)
maltedmilk1 Tue 07-Feb-17 14:38:10

Just that really. I have a two year old daughter and so far we only really mess about with play doh and a bit of colouring (stabbing crayons into the paper)

Do any of you crafty people have any ideas about what she may enjoy or even be able to do craft wise? I want to buy her some craft stuff for her birthday next month

Thank you I am clueless!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 07-Feb-17 14:46:49

Most toddlers seem to love stickers or sticker books. Also those books with invisible pictures that appear on the page when you wash over with water on a paintbrush.

Threading pasta tubes on a piece of elastic is quite fun to make a necklace, although a bag of pasta is not a very exciting birthday present grin.

Fuzzy felt is always popular or an Aqua Draw mat?

Ordinarily Tue 07-Feb-17 14:57:48

How about collages (old fabric, leaves, card, buttons, scrunched up tissue paper etc), or potato printing, stencils, stickers? A lot of the products on sale seem to be for age 3+ but there are some nice toddler sets for 18 months upwards, such as this one.

yaela123 Sun 12-Feb-17 10:11:10

I miss potato printing!

Collages are good. If you have a local park it can be fun to collect different coloured leaves, petals, etc. and use these. (Maybe not such a good b-day pressie)

How about one of those craft tub things, I think they tend to include things like pipe cleaners, pom poms, googly eyes, tissue paper, buttons, etc. Although maybe a bit too old for a 2yo with all the little bits.

I'm sure there are some toddler sets out there somewhere - have a look online

Apfelbunny Sun 12-Feb-17 20:17:04

Feathers, lolly sticks, glitter, buttons, sand and stones etc are fun with play doh or glue or paint.

Another 'fun' thing is to get a massive sheet of paper, some paint and let little one run to splash or whatever in it - once it's dry it even looks good framed. Ok the last bits a lie, it's all mushy brown but you look at it and remember the fun they had and how dirty the bath water was...And how long it took to get the footprints off the carpet...Use washable paint.

Apfelbunny Sun 12-Feb-17 20:19:41

Baker ross have a good selection of small and easy projects to do and also have lots of crafty bits.

80sMum Sun 12-Feb-17 20:21:31

Finger painting. Hand prints, foot prints, bubble painting, gluing pieces of pasta or fabric or coloured paper etc onto backing paper to make a sort of collage.

KatyN Mon 13-Feb-17 09:18:42

We made window stickers with strictly backed plastic. Glitter, string etc stuck to one side and then another clean sheet stuck on top.

qazxc Mon 13-Feb-17 09:41:27

Pinterest is good for getting ideas for getting ideas for painting, collage pictures.
Dd also likes stickers, notebooks for scribbling (or as she says writing lists), colouring, glueing, using her play dough rolling pin and shaped cutters ( with help), drawing on driveway with chalk, painting with different things ( cut up sponges, q tips, potato printing, .....), painting or colouring cardboard shapes ( various types, we get ours in cheap/ pound shop).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now