Talk

Advanced search

website for card making stuff

(10 Posts)
wartywarthog Mon 26-Feb-07 11:20:53

hi,
i've decided to start making my own cards but don't have a clue where to start. does anyone have any good websites? i'll start small, and i'm happy to fork out for pricier, nicer things than have lots of cheap stuff.
tia

wartywarthog Mon 26-Feb-07 12:09:40

should also say i have done a goole search but i'd really appreciate a couple of recommendations from experiecned crafters out there...

Dingle Mon 26-Feb-07 12:27:58

Have you looked at some craft mags/online sources to see what sort of cards you like and what techniques you are going to try out?

Have you got any suppies yet? That way you can match & add to what you already have.

wartywarthog Mon 26-Feb-07 13:36:03

err techniques? i'm a bit out of my depth here... thought i'd like to make really small size cards for birthdays. perhaps stick a couple of things on and draw round? hmmm seems like i'll have to do some research.

from the sites i've looked at so far, i don't like much! there's an art shop near me so i could start there. i don't have a thing yet.

can you recommend a good craft mag please?

wartywarthog Mon 26-Feb-07 14:48:03

ok, so i'd really like to make those small cards that you sometimes get in flower shops (i think the size is a8?) but all the online shops i've looked at don't sell them. any ideas?

thethirdwisemonkey Mon 26-Feb-07 16:40:17

I like Craft Creations and Bubblyfunk.

Fubsy Mon 26-Feb-07 19:02:53

Have a look at a magazine like Beautiful Cards - mostly just cards, what you need and how to make them. That might give you ideas of the kind of style youre after.

Once you know what you want to make theres loads of sites with lovely things to buy!

I started off with a kit from QVC, unfortunately I quickly realised what a lot of extra bits and pieces I needed - this is not a cheap hobby!

Whizzz Mon 26-Feb-07 19:06:24

If you are after anything in particular - I am having a craft clear out - please shout & I'll see what I have !

Dingle Mon 26-Feb-07 19:18:51

I started 4 years ago now...and no, it is certainly not a cheap hobby.

With the mention of QVC-it's worth watching their craft shows to give you an idea of techniques and products - but don't be tempted to buy- with P&P added, what seems to be a bargain, usually isn't.

The small cards, more like name place cards- you can get from Craft Creations, the more you buy the cheaper they work out. In fact get a catalogue from them, they are free ( or at least I think they still are) and it will give you a good price guide of some of your basics like cards, envies,glues...etc.

wartywarthog Mon 26-Feb-07 19:33:26

thanks for your help! dingle, i'll check out craft creations, and whizz, when i know what i'm doing i'll give you a shout!

thanks guys!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: