Talk

Advanced search

Craft shops SouthWest England

(9 Posts)
thetemptationofchocolate Wed 25-Jan-17 11:43:03

Does anyone know any really good ones? I've googled but most of what comes up on a search are art galleries or shops which sell things which people have made. I want to make stuff and need to buy supplies. I don't want to do it online as I like to see and handle what I'm buying - how else will I know if the colours & textures are right? But I need help to find a good shop.

RobinHumphries Fri 27-Jan-17 19:08:58

The southwest is a very big place so it would help if you were a bit more specific and also which crafts are you interested in

thetemptationofchocolate Sat 28-Jan-17 15:28:23

I was a bit vague wasn't I? Sorry.
I'm in Devon and I'm mostly interested in sewing, felting and textile crafts in general.

RobinHumphries Sat 28-Jan-17 19:58:39

Ok in that case there is
Tavistock - soft touch needlework
Kingsbridge - crazycatt and also busybees - I've not visited either for a while though
Bovey Tracey - serendipity - mainly quilting but a little felting
Totnes has a smallish shop which has a little of everything

The Tavistock shop is lovely, large selection of fabric, nice bright shop.
Hope that helps a little

northender Sun 29-Jan-17 23:24:49

There is a shop in Plymouth city centre. Can't think of the name, it has a good range of fabrics.

thetemptationofchocolate Mon 30-Jan-17 09:48:43

Thank you very much smile

scaryteacher Sun 19-Feb-17 17:52:56

Second Soft Touch in Tavistock - quilting, knitting, needlepoint and cross stitch, and they service sewing machines as my Mum has just had hers done.

If you know Plymouth, then opposite the Canadian Muffin company (?), on the side where all the banks and building societies used to be leading up to - Armada Way www.haberdasheryfabricsandmore.com/ is this place.

There is www.cowslipworkshops.co.uk that is near Launceston, and sells quilting stuff and I think some cross stitch stuff as well.

Marcipex Mon 20-Feb-17 12:57:46

I think some of you must be near me, I use Soft Touch in Tavistock a lot.

scaryteacher Tue 21-Feb-17 15:27:46

I'm in Brussels Marci but use Soft Touch when I'm home to see Mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now