Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Edward's Menagerie

(6 Posts)
ImBrian Mon 16-Jan-17 18:12:38

I got this book a few days ago and I've started making Emma the rabbit. So far she has a head,body and one ear. I love all the animals and the pattern (once I figured out round 3 on the standard body!!!) is really easy to follow even for a first timer.

Has anyone else made one of these? Can we have an Edward's Menagerie zoo thread?

JellyWitch Wed 18-Jan-17 18:44:28

I have this book on my wish list!

ImBrian Thu 19-Jan-17 10:36:41

I've just realised that one of the rabbits legs is shorter than the others and the embroidery thread I ordered is brown and not black like in the picture hmm. On the plus side I got some stitch holders free with my yarn order.

The book is really nice Jelly I want the bird one now though.

dontstopmenow Tue 07-Feb-17 21:46:59

I was just going to post about this! I have just made Bridget the elephant, I see a grey dk weight acrylic yarn that I had lying around. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for yarn for these animals that is a cheaper option than the toft yarn - I just cannot afford that!! Thank you.

ImBrian Wed 08-Feb-17 21:24:24

I'm onto my 2nd elephant smile. So far I've been using cheap acrylic from b&m or style craft which are less than £2 a ball. I've just bought some drops alpaca wool though which is lovely and about £3 for 50g ball.

MiaowTheCat Thu 16-Feb-17 16:04:34

I've made a few of them but the patterns annoy me with the flicking back and forward between the standard model and model specific stuff. If you're making the pony though - don't go mad on its mane - I ended up with something somewhere between Snoopy in an afro and Kevin Keegan circa the mullet perm era.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now