Talk

Advanced search

Help with granny square blanket

(6 Posts)
runningtogetskinny Tue 10-Jan-17 20:50:38

I'm making a blanket from granny squares, I've used several designs from the same book. They're all supposed to measure 6", however, there are a few slight differences. I'm sure they'll be fine once sewn together but wondered if anyone blocks their squares, and if so, how do you do it? Thanks

Marcipex Tue 10-Jan-17 20:58:00

The general advice is not to block as it makes the squares harder to join. (quoting from the Woolly Hugs site)
I think many people crochet squares together instead of sewing them, that has more give so is a bit more forgiving of different sizes.

runningtogetskinny Tue 10-Jan-17 21:28:37

Thanks for that advice, didn't fancy trying to block as there'll be lots by the time I'm finished! I'll have a look at the crochet joining smile

SerialReJoiner Tue 10-Jan-17 21:39:54

running can I be nosey and ask what book you are using for the square designs? I am interested in learning how to crochet granny squares but would rather learn from a book.

runningtogetskinny Tue 10-Jan-17 21:49:48

I've been using this book from Amazon

100 Bright & Colourful Granny Squares to Mix & Match https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1844488993/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_uAvDybEJYRFJD

There's a basic granny square in then lots of variations. Patterns use 5mm hook and Aran yarn

SerialReJoiner Wed 11-Jan-17 10:22:16

Thanks!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now