Talk

Advanced search

Yarn recommendation please!

(6 Posts)
Cakescakescakes Sun 01-Jan-17 17:08:29

Can anyone recommend a lovely soft snuggly yarn to knit a kind of oversized chunky scarf? Preferably in maybe a pale grey shade? I'm a beginner knitter so just looking to do a basic scarf but want something really cosy and not sure yet about which are good yarns, suppliers etc to try. Thanks!

Flightywoman Sun 01-Jan-17 19:48:01

Maybe one of the Rowan ones would suit? Big Wool or Chunky. If you have John Lewis near you have a look at their clearance sale, there are often good bargains to be had.

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 01-Jan-17 19:54:32

Drops Andes is very nice. It's a mixture of wool and alpaca and is less than £4 for 100g on the Wool Warehouse website. There's a really good range of colours to choose from including a few grey shades.

Cakescakescakes Sun 01-Jan-17 20:41:42

Great thanks! I shall check those ones out.

Sirdar plushtweed - it is THE most gorgeous, snugly yarn imhave ever felt - and as my humungous yarstash will attest, I have felt a lot of yarn!

This retailer doesn't have it in greys, but others will.

IlsaLund Sun 01-Jan-17 20:58:37

Another vote for Drops Andes, just used it for the first time and it's lovely - not splitty at all and crochets up beautifully.
Lovely colours available as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now