Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Crochet oriental rug

(4 Posts)
twodrinkswithlunch Fri 30-Dec-16 11:04:38

Any experienced crocheters have any idea where to start with something like this? I found it on Pinterest but there's no pattern that I can find and I haven't seen anything similar. It's so pretty and I really want it to be my next project!

Any ideas on yarn weight, any similar patterns for some of the squares?

I think I will have to have a go and see what happens, but if anyone has any pointers I will be very grateful!

(Hoping the photo posts properly.....)

Chocolateteabag Fri 30-Dec-16 19:22:08

Ooh I have a few clothogancho blankets pinned on my Pinterest boards and am in the process of making an "inspired by" version

Their wool looks to be 2-3 fine strands held together and a combination of different sized squares
You need to start by deciding your colours and get your wool first. I think that really is key as if you look closely the actual square isn't that complicated it's the colours that make it "work"

Then look for a crochet square you like and get making lots of them!

Chocolateteabag Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:07

Forgot to add the dots are a "popcorn" stitch

twodrinkswithlunch Mon 02-Jan-17 08:56:39

Thanks for the tips! I'm very much a beginner still, so this may take me a long time. Would love to see your inspired piece if you fancy sharing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now