Talk

Advanced search

Knitting - help for something to go with dress

(7 Posts)
SueW Tue 20-Feb-07 14:23:39

I bought a dress for DD yesterday. Very light and summery, creamy with brown spots on from Debenhams.

I'd like to make her something light/lacy to put on over the top. Anyone got any suggestions?

She's 10yo.

You can see the dress by clicking on my profile and then going through to my photos.

SueW Tue 20-Feb-07 15:18:58

bump please...

Marina Tue 20-Feb-07 15:23:51

Not off-hand SueW. I think you need some kind of pretty shrug and tbh I am rubbish at lacey stuff so all my patterns are sturdy ribbed cardies
Tamum might know of something, her dd is not far off the age of yours, and she is a much more accomplished knitter than I
Pretty dress

SueW Tue 20-Feb-07 15:44:43

Thanks Marina. Most of mum's patterns are sturdy too although I have just remembered there's a lacy one she did for DD a few years ago. Don't know if it will go up to the right size now.

Dress is for a special occasion but it will work well over the whole summer. DD spends most of her time in jeans or jodphurs but she does like to dress up too. [smug emoticon for raising well-balanced child ROFL!]

Filly4LOOP Sun 25-Feb-07 09:22:28

how about a bolero? they are pretty easy

wartywarthog Sun 25-Feb-07 09:27:09

i knitted a beautiful lace shawl the other day. well a couple of months ago.

there's a site with lots of lace shawls here . mostly quite old-fashioned, but there's the odd thing. the wool they use is very very scratchy though, so if your dd has sensitive skin i'd recommend a substitute.

or you could knit a shrug which would be easier.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 25-Feb-07 09:53:25

A lacy shawl could go well on there. Just something triangular? A quick web search found this page, and this pattern, as an example ... or this , or this , or this .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now