Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hello....

(12 Posts)
Crochetnanigans Mon 26-Dec-16 15:16:21

Hoping to find some crochet pals smile

Relatively new at the craft. Whats everyone working on?

SteppingOnToes Tue 27-Dec-16 14:56:24

Im working on the Avalon Top by Syliva Chan. It's downloadable for free from the Ravelry website smile

PurpleDaisies Tue 27-Dec-16 14:57:48

I'm still finishing a schjeepes crochet a long blanket (last dance on the beach). It's lovely but mine is going to be king size and I keep losing steam.

SteppingOnToes Tue 27-Dec-16 14:58:24

Sorry Doris Chan - this little beaut! I've made several now for various people - once you have the idea it's really simple and quick to do smile

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/avalon-top

MayhemandMadness01 Tue 27-Dec-16 14:59:47

I need to finish of a granny square blanket before starting on 2 baby blankets for my neices due next year.

FiveFlowers Tue 27-Dec-16 14:59:53

I've just finished the attic 24 coast blanket and suffering withdrawal symptoms - must get some more wool! Beware OP, crochet is very addictive smile

PurpleDaisies Tue 27-Dec-16 15:00:23

If you're new to crochet, I'd really recommend it. There are clear videos to accompany each square and I've learnt loads doing it.

www.scheepjes.com/en/cals/scheepjes-cals/scheepjes-cal-2016/information/

LemonRedwood Tue 27-Dec-16 20:29:09

I'm very new to crochet having started to learn through YouTube a couple of weeks ago. I love how quickly you can make something though - much quicker than sewing or knitting!

I'm currently halfway through a granny square blanket made from a chenille type yarn - it's so soft and lovely, can't wait to snuggle down on the sofa with it!

I have bought a book called How To Crochet with some nice looking projects in it. My favourite YouTube channel for tutorials is Bella Coco - UK terms and nice and easy to follow. Just done a small blanket to try out a wave border and the Bella coco tutorial was so easy to follow it only took me a couple of hours to do the whole thing.

I'm hooked (pun totally intended grin)

LemonRedwood Tue 27-Dec-16 20:35:33

This is the wave border. More of a place mat than a blanket, but it was just for practice!

Borisrules Tue 03-Jan-17 20:00:53

I'm just about to start Attic24 Cosy blanket. Just waiting for the wool! The colours look fun. I've just finished the Stickman kit.... the wool and hook were poor quality so the whole thing was not very enjoyable. It turns out that my Stickman is going to have a vasectomy after one child....

The biggest thing that has made a difference for me was splashing out on the Clover armour hooks. They are pricey and I was sceptical but they have made a massive difference to my enjoyment and my results!

liz70 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:11:24

I'm currently working on an infinity scarf from a pattern in the book "One Ball of Wool", that DD1 got me for Christmas.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 07-Jan-17 20:38:51

I'm two thirds the way through a mandala madness blanket, my second after I followed the crochet a long last year and made a lovely blanket in shades of purple. This one is merino dh and a mishmash of colours made up as I go along.

I'm currently stuck in crochet hell as I keep missing a stitch and not noticing until I'm well into the next round. I've messed it up twice now! Driving myself nuts.....

I also just started the attic24 moorland crochet a long blanket today. Once I got past the foundation row that's easy and mindful in its rhythmic pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now