Talk

Advanced search

Model railway widow

(5 Posts)
user1479647272 Fri 16-Dec-16 12:31:47

Help. DJ is a model railway enthusiast. Any other model railway widows out there? Actually the houses and scenery is really cute and I'm tempted to help him. At least he's not at the pub or at the gym around Lycra clad teens! Sou'wester

blackheartsgirl Fri 16-Dec-16 20:52:09

Not a model railway enthusiast but igrew up with my dad, uncle and my grandad all into model trains and my mum used to despair because it took over his life at times but my dad never went down the pub either only to his model railway club once a week!

My dad also used to make his own scenery and his own train models, it wasn't hornby but it was made from kits and he used to paint them , I've still got his models they are worth hundreds of pounds. My dad also used to build his own layouts and take them to exhibitions..I have fond memories of these. He's passed away now but your post sent me down memory lane so thanks for that smile

Lookinatu Fri 16-Dec-16 20:55:51

My husband and his mums dp are it drives me crackers but they like it.

PolterGoose Sat 17-Dec-16 08:42:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoneyBunnySunny Sat 17-Dec-16 10:32:25

Get stuck in and help him! I love doing scenery and buildings. I find it very relaxing. I love making coaches and wagons as well and I was very proud of my brake van! I'm seemingly one of the few women who turn up in a model shop. The history of it fascinates me, researching station layouts, building types, even little things like the fonts and posters etc. I prefer steam era and am currently thinking about doing a ww1 ambulance train. I'm really just a huge nerd😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now