Talk

Advanced search

Can someone recommend crochet yarn for a gift?

(6 Posts)
BellaGoth Tue 13-Dec-16 20:30:59

Hopefully someone can help!

My mum did loads of knitting and crochet in her youth but over the years lost / gave away all of her kit. She's been getting back in to it for the last few months so for Christmas I've got her a big box of crochet hooks and a book of different little flowers to crochet. I'd like to get a selection of yarn (wool?) to go with it. What's best? Ideally I'd like to order online as we're quite rural. Only stipulation is there must be some pink (according to 3YO DS!).

JellyWitch Tue 13-Dec-16 20:35:29

Stylecraft

PolterGoose Tue 13-Dec-16 20:39:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BellaGoth Tue 13-Dec-16 20:51:44

Brilliant, thanks both. She's just getting to grips with it again so something cheap she can practice with is perfect. I can get her the more expensive stuff for her birthday in a few months.

FranHastings Thu 29-Dec-16 22:09:09

Loveknitting do colour packs of Paintbox Yarns. I've tried dk, aran and cotton and they are all lovely. There should be a welcome discount code floating around too.

FranHastings Thu 29-Dec-16 22:10:00

(sorry have just realised you wanted it for Christmas. Maybe for her birthday? 😁).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now