Talk

Advanced search

Refunds for earrings- what's the law now?

(6 Posts)
PollyPerky Mon 12-Dec-16 08:25:34

I used to think that earrings were non refundable due to risk of HIV and other blood linked disease. I can't see any info online about this now, or from other online retailers (inc John Lewis.)

As a craftsperson/ jeweller, would you refund earrings and would you buy from anyone who offered refunds (on the basis you might be sent a pair that has been tried on or even worn and returned?)

BigStripeyBastard Wed 28-Dec-16 11:39:39

Generally it's no refund unless faulty, I think.

delilahbucket Fri 13-Jan-17 23:02:17

Actually it depends where the purchase was made. Selling online you need to get up to date with the consumer contract regulations. You must offer a no quibble refund however you can seal see through packaging and insist it is still sealed upon return.

SparkleShinyGlitter Fri 13-Jan-17 23:04:30

Earrings are always no return due to hygiene reasons whenever I've brought them

delilahbucket Sat 14-Jan-17 08:10:44

If you have purchased them online Sparkle then that is illegal (not many online retailers have legal returns policies, particularly small retailers). The retailer must provide them in sealed packaging and if the seal is intact they must provide a refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations that came into force in 2013.

Penfold007 Sat 14-Jan-17 08:18:15

I've bought earrings from a TV/online supplier and returned them. They came in a cellophane pouch sealed with a security sticker. So long as seal is intact they will refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now