Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

needle felting: how?what?where?

(6 Posts)
SophieofShepherdsBush Wed 07-Dec-16 21:06:29

Hi I really fancy giving needle felting a go...

What materials and tools will I need to get started, and where can I source them.

Also, is it hard? Internet tips make it look easy but I bet it's not....where would I learn the basics? Book? Course? Internet?

JoffreyBaratheon Thu 08-Dec-16 12:46:45

I've always found Fibrecrafts/George Weil to be great for craft supplies:

www.georgeweil.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Menu=3&Level1=66&Level2=1109&PID=9436

I'd get a book or kit, and use YouTube. Years ago I had a lovely needle felting workbook, a sort of ring binder that came with a couple of needles. You can get fibre and needles from George Weil, IIRC.

I'm not an expert - it's not really my craft, but eveyrthing new I learn, I tend to get easiest from a combination of books and YouTube.

SoupDragon Thu 08-Dec-16 16:01:24

I had a kit from here which I really enjoyed. Actually, I think the first kit I had came from Hobbycraft for about £10 so it might be worth a look there.

I am not usually a fan of kits particularly but they are good for having a go at random crafts. The needle felting ones I've used came with everything you needed to make that one thing so there was no difficulty getting started.

Flossyfloof Thu 08-Dec-16 18:22:30

Where are you ? I have some felting stuff you can have with pleasure.

SophieofShepherdsBush Thu 08-Dec-16 20:27:21

Thanks guys, and thanks to you Flossy , I'm in Ireland so might not be worth the postage.

cakesandphotos Sat 17-Dec-16 20:45:57

I got a kit first and then just bought the wool roving and needles etc separately. I use Pinterest for inspiration

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now