Baby yarn

(8 Posts)
AuroraBora Tue 22-Nov-16 00:10:32

Any recommendations? Just found out an old school friend is pregnant and I'd like to crochet her a blanket. I don't have any good wool shops near me so I'll have to buy online.

I assume I want acrylic so it's washable?

Thanks! flowers

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Tue 22-Nov-16 00:15:43

I'm making a baby blanket using Sirdar Snuggly at the moment. It seems quite soft and comes in a good range of colours.

In the past I've also used Stylecraft Special.

GetMeOut Tue 22-Nov-16 12:11:04

Baby Cashmerino ( Rowan) is lovely if you want to push the boat out.....

GetMeOut Tue 22-Nov-16 12:14:48

Sorry - Debbie Bliss ( not Rowan ) and it is machine washable.

liz70 Tue 22-Nov-16 12:25:53

I hear good things about JC Brett Flutterby, though I ve no personal experience.

opinionatedfreak Tue 22-Nov-16 15:50:30

I'be used a lot of baby cashmerino it is pretty nice.
I loathe sirdar snuggly.
These days I mostly use Wollmeise DK for baby blankets - it is merino and goes in the washing machine on a low heat (eg30 degrees).

AuroraBora Wed 23-Nov-16 23:46:41

Ooh forgot I posted this!! Thanks all smile

Is sirdar snuggly the fleecey yarn? I have some of that and it's hard to use, though hides poor crochet well grin

I'll have a look at all the others, not sure if I'm going to push the boat out or not yet and go for cashmerino...

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Thu 24-Nov-16 12:04:22

No, my Sirdar Snuggly isn't fleecy at all. It's this one. It looks like the fleecy one is called Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake (quite a mouthful!)

The cashmere is lovely if you can afford to splurge a bit. The non-baby cashmerino is really soft too. I don't know if it's any cheaper.

I often don't use specific baby wools as the normal ones are usually quite soft, and I tend to prefer slightly bolder colours than are available in the baby ranges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now