Help with stylecraft colour combination!

(24 Posts)
SandwichYum Sun 20-Nov-16 14:34:13

Having a slight wobble over colour choice for a blanket, it's sort of rainbow colours with colours intended to blend in to each other. I'm happy with most colours but now in the green stripe and not sure about it! I have special dk citron, grass green then aspen. Don't want to change the citron or aspen but unsure about the grass green. I don't have any other greens to compare. Anyone out there with colour pegs/balls of yarn they would kindly put together a photo for me please? Subbing the grass green for another green, spring green? Pistachio?

Marcipex Mon 21-Nov-16 19:14:52

Zing is very good at this.

Marcipex Mon 21-Nov-16 19:27:51

Sorry, she is ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 25-Nov-16 11:00:22

Here I am!

Have you got a photo so far?
Or just tell me what you used so far and I can get the pegs out.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 25-Nov-16 11:03:04

The Aspen is such a wild card.
It goes really well between Grass Green & Sherbert, but a PITA to fit in between greens & yellows!

Off the top of my head I think Citron, Spring Green, Grass Green, Aspen, Sherbert would look good, but it really depends on what what else you have!

SandwichYum Fri 25-Nov-16 13:42:24

Hi Zing, thanks for replying

I have lipstick, pomegranate, shrimp, sunshine, citron, AWKWARD GAP!, aspen, turquoise, aster, violet, magenta, boysenberry. In AWKWARD GAP! I've got hold of some spring green and I think that is better than grass green... I really like the aspen you see! Potentially overthinking it as it's for my daughter who just wants loads of colours hmm

SandwichYum Fri 25-Nov-16 13:43:49

Can potentially squeeze in some sherbet too grin I actually have that colour just short on greens

AnthonyPandy Fri 25-Nov-16 13:46:15

Can either of you put pictures of the colours you are talking about? They sound lovely.

SandwichYum Fri 25-Nov-16 16:23:56

Colours here

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Sat 26-Nov-16 14:00:38

Good bunch and looks lovely as it is actually, without the Grass & Sherbert!

Wifi is rubbish here, can't always post but will play with my pegs this afternoon and get back to you asap.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Sat 26-Nov-16 14:01:48

I totally get the "overthinking" btw. It needs to be just right, otherwise what's the point?

SandwichYum Sat 26-Nov-16 20:53:47

Zing I think I'm going with it as it is, I've come back to it today, crocheted a few rows of the colours I was unsure of and it is looking good grin

SandwichYum Sat 26-Nov-16 20:54:50

Clearly I need to buy more colours so I have pegs of them all for my next project wink

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Sat 26-Nov-16 22:39:19

Sorry, I had a "little" nap after lunch and I didn't wake up until past 7pm!

Your colours are really nice.
Would love to see finished item!

liz70 Sun 27-Nov-16 10:35:58

Yes, we definitely need photos. smile

(Love the Mr. Potato Head ear photobombing your pic there! )

SandwichYum Sun 27-Nov-16 11:38:13

Poor Mr potato head is having to do battle with a toddler. I didn't realise he had photobombed until I'd posted the picture! I'll do a photo once I've done at least one repeat of the pattern smile

SandwichYum Tue 29-Nov-16 15:14:35

A little snapshot of the blanket so far...

AnthonyPandy Tue 29-Nov-16 19:07:05

Wow that's lovely. What is it, single? Cot? What will you have actually spent on yarn to make it? How many hours will it be in total? Do more pictures as you progress.

SandwichYum Tue 29-Nov-16 20:26:05

It should end up being roughly single bed size. It's a little wider than a single at the moment and I'm going to add a border. Ice I've spent about £20 on yarn which should hopefully do it, if my calculations are right! Not sure on time, I think I am getting through a couple of rows per tv show wink , more if not trying to watch tv at the same time!

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 02-Dec-16 16:34:54

That works brilliantly Sandwich!
Yay! Well done!

Marcipex Sun 08-Jan-17 16:29:50

Gorgeous, is it finished?

liz70 Sun 08-Jan-17 16:48:35

Love ❤ the colours, Sandwich - it'll be really beautiful when finished. smile

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Sun 08-Jan-17 16:56:17

That is STUNNING!! I would LOVE that in my house!

SandwichYum Mon 09-Jan-17 21:28:26

Not finished yet (didn't get much time to do it over Xmas), but I'm definitely past the half way point. Maybe about 2/3 done, I'm hoping the yarn I have is enough for the size I planned otherwise I'm going to have to buy more or be creative with the border.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now