Talk

Advanced search

Anyone making art not craft?

(7 Posts)
barefootinkitchen Sat 15-Oct-16 07:26:56

I like painting. I wondered if this is a place to post questions etc?

user1476140278 Sun 16-Oct-16 05:06:42

Yes I think it is. There are others on here painting and drawing.

HappydaysArehere Sun 20-Nov-16 18:11:19

Please do. Lots of people enjoy painting including me.

JoffreyBaratheon Mon 21-Nov-16 09:13:31

And a lot of people don't make the distinction between art and craft so many people doing 'craft' here are also doing art. wink

HappydaysArehere Tue 22-Nov-16 19:35:37

That is true. All kinds of art including mixed media, collage,quilting etc are discussed here. However, as said before, painting is a very popular hobby as well as a profession.

cariboo Thu 24-Nov-16 08:08:37

I paint and draw. Just began a course in oil painting in September and am faffing around a bit. Anyone else artsy (rather than crafty)?

LegoCaltrops Sat 31-Dec-16 17:49:06

I've just decided to try painting. I got a book on acrylic painting for Christmas & have just purchased a couple of tubes of paint, some paper & some end-of-line brushes from the local art shop. I always knew I could draw but assumed (based on school art class failures) that I couldn't paint worth a damn. Apparently that's not entirely true... rather a nice surprise!

For balance, I'm also crafty - I knit quite a lot (I like lace & cable, that's the type that looks like plaits or celtic knotwork), I do embroidery & tapestry (I like the fancy stuff), & I'm trying to get my head round patchwork. I do the odd bit of cross-stitch but I find proper embroidery with all the fancy stitches much more interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now