Etsy, Folksy- anyone used?

(6 Posts)
Pearlyearrings Mon 03-Oct-16 08:53:09

Just looking for some feedback. Anyone selling on either and any comments?

hufflepuf Mon 03-Oct-16 08:56:08

No experience of Folksy but I sell on Etsy and get a decent amount of business from there.

moggle Mon 03-Oct-16 20:29:41

I sell on etsy (have done for 6 years now) and do quite well there. I've previously sold on Folksy and very much liked it although I never sold as much on there. The people who ran Folksy are great, genuine people and I liked supporting a UK site. They don't have nearly as many shiny features as etsy though as they are a much smaller business. They are tougher on the "handmade" line than etsy which is refreshing. Only reason I stopped selling on folksy was because after having DD I wanted to streamline and 90% of my sales came from etsy.

1981Marie Tue 11-Oct-16 17:17:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

YouCrazyDiamond Wed 02-Nov-16 17:20:22

I started on Folksy, and moved on to Etsy.

I liked the local feel of Folksy but at the time it didn't seem very well organised and promotion and brand knowledge were disappointing. I sold 28 items (just checked) and was advised to try Etsy. As the items I make are unique I couldn't list them on both sites.

I moved to Etsy and found a home. I found a lovely team, learnt a little bit about social media, and set up FB, IG, Pinterest and Twitter, and sales increased.

I might reopen my Folksy shop soon as will be trialing a new non-unique line which I can list in both.

I do think that whether you use Folksy or Etsy using social media to drive traffic to your shop is key, and unfortunately that can eat your time.

Did you open a shop OP?

LongLiveTheChief Fri 04-Nov-16 18:27:56

I use Etsy and I find you get back what you put into it, but it can be very confusing and overwhelming. You will need to learn about SEO (Search engine optimisation) and how to come across as professional x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now