Talk

Advanced search

Can you suggest a quick and easy baby gift I can crochet?

(13 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 02-Sep-16 18:52:19

Friends are due their first baby in about 6 weeks. All very exciting.
Normally I would have made a blanket but I've not long gone back to work after years as a sahm and things have gotten away from me. I haven't started one and I don't really want to pressure myself to a blanket finished.

So can you suggest a quick and easy crochet pattern for a new baby gift?

Thanks! 😀

PurpleDaisies Fri 02-Sep-16 18:53:58

I've made toys from the Edward's Menagerie book in a weekend. They're really simple-all you need is to be able to increase, decrease and double crochet.

PurpleDaisies Fri 02-Sep-16 18:56:11

www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk/PD.aspx?product=patterns/books/-Edwards_Menagerie_Book_by_Kerry_Lord

If you click around the website you'll see some of the lovely patterns made up. I think they're also available individually on ravelry.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sat 03-Sep-16 08:56:34

those are cute but not cant find the patterns for sale individually.

MeDented Sat 03-Sep-16 09:02:06

There are some lovely free patterns for baby comforter toys online. I made one with a zebra head in the middle and a multi-coloured stripey star shaped mini blanket attached.

SlinkyVagabond Sat 03-Sep-16 09:03:54

Ii made a basic hat (amigurimi style) then added teddy ears, or put ear flaps on, or extended the back to a long point, made some "spikes" and made a dinosaur hat.

PurpleDaisies Sat 03-Sep-16 09:09:27

www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk/PL.aspx?page=1&catname=patterns%2ftoys&keyword=

Some are available here.

I've remembered attic24 has a lovely bird mobile that my friend made for my sister...
attic24.typepad.com/weblog/bower-bird.html

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 03-Sep-16 09:13:02

A set of brightly coloured play balls, I'd make them about the size of golf balls. Maybe make them stripey?

attic24.typepad.com/weblog/little-balls.html

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sat 03-Sep-16 12:35:07

MeDented - that sounds lovely! Can you link to a pattern?

PollyannaWhittier Sat 03-Sep-16 16:05:16

I've used this pattern for a zebra lovey / comforter as MeDented described

www.oneandtwocompany.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=304

PollyannaWhittier Sat 03-Sep-16 16:06:02

Forgot to add, they have lots of different animals as well

klch14 Sat 03-Sep-16 16:06:25

Pinterest is brill. Loads of free patterns.

MiaowTheCat Sat 03-Sep-16 19:33:12

www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/free-crochet-patterns/crochet-amish-puzzle-ball/

They're like a big baby hand sized ball but made of 4 sections that can come apart and go back together again - makes it a bit easier to grab hold of for them as well and they're really easy to make. I've made a few of them in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now