Talk

Advanced search

Memory bears

(4 Posts)
dani24 Thu 18-Aug-16 21:34:05

I have just purchased a couple of patterns for bears, I would like to make my daughter one for her 1st birthday from her sleepsuits. I've only ever made really basic things before and never followed a pattern. Does anyone have any tips please?

Bexta147 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:08:35

Get some scrap fabric and have a couple of practise runs before cutting up her old clothes. Will give you an idea of how they will turn out and means you will notice any bits you struggle with before you start on the actual one x

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Sat 20-Aug-16 07:35:21

I have made a memory bear from my baby's first clothes and a standard bear pattern. When you cut up the pattern you need to remember to add a seam allowance on each of the cut areas so you have room to stitch it back together and you might want to interface all of the pieces to give the bear some structure and make it easy to work with as baby clothes are very stretchy. I agree with a pp about doing a practise run even though I didn't as I am too impatient

SocksRock Sat 20-Aug-16 07:43:42

I make memory bears - you need to use lightweight iron on interfacing or the fabric will stretch out of shape. The pattern I use has seam allowances already included (Funky Friends Factory Signature Bear)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now