Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone entered

(8 Posts)
Banana99 Thu 18-Aug-16 16:03:46

A craft at a county show?

We have one coming up, I need to get application in really soon if I do (and then I have more weeks to finish)
Not sure if I have left it a bit late to be honest.

Flossyfloof Sat 20-Aug-16 13:56:25

My only concern would be that if it is going to put you under pressure you wil lose the enjoyment.
I have a friend who makes chocolates and does loads of shows. She always seems t have a good time so why not give it a go anyway? You can always take orders for things if you haven't got everything ready.

Banana99 Sun 21-Aug-16 16:31:11

Oh no - like a competition entry for sewing etc?
Like Kirstie Allsop did I that TV show

Banana99 Sun 21-Aug-16 16:31:22

On

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 21-Aug-16 16:36:44

Every year I look at the entries in our local shows and think "I could do that!" but I never actually get organised and enter. I tend to channel all my energies into helping the DC with their entries. DD had a good day yesterday - a first and three seconds.

I know one of the people who was featured on Kirsty's programme about shows.

What sort of craft were you thinking of?

Banana99 Sun 21-Aug-16 16:41:36

I've failed to get my entry in for the last 2 years and they've dropped the craft I was interested (Christmas hanging).
You can now enter a quilted piece of under 30cm - which I think is my best bet !

RaisingSteam Thu 25-Aug-16 00:35:10

I enter crafts in local Womens Institute shows. They have a rule book so you are quite clear about the judging standards/right kind of doily etc. Shows that have run for many years can suffer from expecting everyone to know what the schedule means.

I have won a few cups and rosettes mostly with knitting, but I do try to go for absolute perfection as well as a bit of contemporary style which often stands out. If something has gone a bit wrong I end up hating it even if I'm committed to finish it for a co-operative entry.

To be honest I am trying to restrict entries to things I want for myself or a gift else you are left with them wondering what to do afterwards (lovely rag doll!).

You should go for it though, it's a great personal challenge to see what you can make and get some recognition/feedback.

MerylPeril Thu 25-Aug-16 14:57:32

I might have to look for the rule book online before I proceed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now