What type of glue for glass?

(4 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Fri 12-Aug-16 18:28:59

I collected loads of seaglass on the beach when we were on holiday in Cornwall and I'd really like to do something with it. Maybe get an old mirror, rub down the frame and glue the glass on. Or make a bowl with it using a standard glass bowl, cling film and glue.

Have seen lots of ideas online and they're all American. They talk about "tacky glue" which I am assuming is not basic PVA. What sort of glue do I need??

OP’s posts: |
RockinHippy Thu 18-Aug-16 17:40:45

Ive always used Araldyte for this sort of thing. Not sure if they do a variety of glues, but its the one in a red tube & you mix 2 substances together

luckiestgirl Fri 19-Aug-16 18:59:02

I'm an amateur but I would just use superglue or my hot glue gun. Sounds lovely.

LunaLoveg00d Fri 19-Aug-16 19:01:15

I was ordering some stuff from Baker Ross for a kid's party and spotted that that had the same American "tacky glue" as I saw in the tutorial. Ordered some and followed the tutorial's advice to slop it on - it has worked very well and I'm pleased with the results :-)

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in