Talk

Advanced search

Advise for next crochet project

(15 Posts)
Fullofnachos Mon 01-Aug-16 15:01:53

I am a beginner, and have recently mastered the granny square and made my first blanket! I am now wanting to start a new blanket, and was wondering what to try next, I like the look of a chevron blanket but is this too ambitious for a beginner?! I will be using an online tutorial, most probably Bella Coco.

Does anyone have any tips/ideas for a beginner?

blueskyinmarch Mon 01-Aug-16 15:05:07

Ok. Then if they are horrible you can buy some other colour!

blueskyinmarch Mon 01-Aug-16 15:05:25

Sorry. Wrong place!

AlbusPercival Mon 01-Aug-16 15:07:14

Chevron should be fine.

If not something stripy but not in the round?

Or a star blanket?

Fullofnachos Mon 01-Aug-16 17:30:26

Are star blankets fairly simple?

blueskyinmarch Mon 01-Aug-16 17:45:17

Sorry about that blip earlier. I was about to post on this thread then my DD text me about nail polish and I got mixed up!

I wanted I link into this thread as I am making a granny square blanket right now but somehow I managed to buy far too much yarn and need another different project to use it up on.

What is a star blanket? Sounds interesting.

AlbusPercival Mon 01-Aug-16 17:55:04

I'm making this star blanket at the moment

blueskyinmarch Mon 01-Aug-16 18:10:57

That is very pretty but I have no infants to crochet for so I think I need a more robust blanket option.

The picture shows my work in progress and the colours I have at my disposal.

mummytofourbabies Mon 01-Aug-16 18:12:59

I so wish I could crochet..my daughters comfort blanket is crocheted and it has a huge hole in it, the lay that made it is no longer with us..sad

Infact all my kids comfort blankets have been crocheted their beautiful

blueskyinmarch Mon 01-Aug-16 18:33:44

That is very pretty but I have no infants to crochet for so I think I need a more robust blanket option.

The picture shows my work in progress and the colours I have at my disposal. I think might like to do a patchwork type one.

AlbusPercival Mon 01-Aug-16 18:58:24

Patchwork should be very durable smile

SoupDragon Tue 02-Aug-16 13:53:51

My second blanket was an Attic24 Neat Ripple. I've still not finished it 5 years on as I got so bored with it! If you are as fickle as me, something made of different squares may be more your thing.

I don't think a chevron will be too ambitious though.

Fullofnachos Tue 02-Aug-16 15:37:21

When you say something made of squares, do you mean a variety of granny squares?

SoupDragon Tue 02-Aug-16 17:14:56

Pretty much, yes. Lots of variety is good for avoiding boredom and also introduces new techniques which also adds interest.

Sometines a "mindless" project is good though.

PurpleDaisies Tue 02-Aug-16 17:18:00

I'm doing the Schjeepes 2016 CAL. I'd really recommend it. There are squares of different difficulties all with a video explaining exactly how to make it. Ive learned loads. My blanket is still a work in progress as I'm making a new baby toy for my niece but the files are all staying up basically forever.

www.scheepjeswol.com/en/cals/scheepjes-cal-2016/information/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now