Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dutchoma is on the lookout for some knitting again

(8 Posts)
Dutchoma Fri 22-Jul-16 19:35:20

I know I can go on knitting squares and other charity stuff but would really like a proper project to take on holiday. Not toys, not squares. I have now done five ganseys (the big fisherman sweaters) and would love to do another one. But another (biggish) project would be fine as well

GherkinsOnToast Fri 22-Jul-16 19:36:39

What about a poncho with pretty pattern/stripes on the edge.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Fri 22-Jul-16 19:39:52

I think you should do a wrap or something by Kieran Foley. I crochet and haven't knitted in years but every time I look at his patterns I'm tempted to take up knitting again.

ChocChocPorridge Fri 22-Jul-16 19:49:10

Oh yes! Americano - I saw that Jacaranda pattern the other day - it's fantastic

There's a lovely cardigan called 'Lemonade' done in a yellowy green on Ravelry.

I've no idea how you'd get hold of the pattern for it, or how it would look on a person, but this is really unusual too:

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/12-classical-knit-cardigan

Dutchoma Fri 22-Jul-16 20:27:10

No, I did not make myself very clear this. I do not knit for myself, I need to find someone to knit for. I don't charge for the knitting, but the things I like to knit are too expensive to knit 'on spec', so I need someone to give me a commission and then buy the yarn for me.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Fri 22-Jul-16 20:31:36

Ahh <sits on hands to resist the temptation to commission a Kieran Foley> grin

Dutchoma Fri 22-Jul-16 21:36:35

Oh wow, that IS looking very complicated. Not sure even I would undertake anything like that.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 23-Jul-16 00:11:26

Just popping on to say that my DH was the recipient of one of DutchOma's earlier kind offers to knit for people. She made him a navy blue gansey and it is a thing of beauty - she is a very talented lady

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now