Talk

Advanced search

DIY felt fairy lights and fat square fabric for floor cushions

(7 Posts)
TeaPleaseLouise Tue 05-Jul-16 20:01:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ginghamstarfish Tue 05-Jul-16 20:09:09

Love the elephant lights, and don't see why that wouldn't work. For the floor cushion (good idea!), do you mean fat quarters? Those are usually for patchwork and would be medium or fine cotton. For a floor cushion I would think curtain or upholstery fabric would be stronger.

Gatekeeper Tue 05-Jul-16 20:14:35

I love those lights and have tons of wool felt so am going to nick that idea but do stars instead

Fat quarters are fine cotton as a rule and I wouldn't use them for the purpose you intend but like gingham says use cotton curtain material instead as its much more robust

Gatekeeper Tue 05-Jul-16 20:15:54

Loads of remnants on ebay, or look at local markets for fabric stalls, or even charity shops

TeaPleaseLouise Tue 05-Jul-16 20:16:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gatekeeper Wed 06-Jul-16 08:08:54

that would look wonderful- the felt they have used looks like thick wool felt rather than the man made fibre craft felt you buy in haberdashers etc. The latter is much softer and floppy and the 'weave' of it tends to separate.

I bought wool mix felt from ebay and it is fab stuff- you can buy mixed remnant bags for not much money and they would be ideal for this

I fancy making the light garland for Christmas with xmas trees , baubles etc

PatronIcingBardStarred Wed 06-Jul-16 11:11:06

Thanks Gate and thanks for the tip, that sounds perfect!

That sounds great for Christmas, I was looking at decorative fairy lights and they're so expensive for about 10, this would be so much cheaper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now