What Crafty Thing Have You Got Your Eye On..?

(6 Posts)
JoffreyBaratheon Wed 22-Jun-16 11:25:15

It's a total extravagance (although in my head I can justify it as something I'd use daily) but I really want to treat myself to Merchant & Mills' tailors' snips! I had some ace snips I have somehow lost...

I keep eyeing them on the internet but still not clicked 'Buy'...

So what crafty thing have you got your beady eye on?

OP’s posts: |
CatherineDeB Wed 22-Jun-16 18:44:21

I would like some Ernest Wright tailors shears, it is my birthday soon and I am going to ask for some smile.

CatherineDeB Wed 22-Jun-16 18:50:18

Just realised that we have almost the same thing on our wants list Joffrey. I could buy them for myself but am being restrained in view of my birthday! I am always at a loss when DH asks me what I would like. Not much else I want really, craft or otherwise.

JoffreyBaratheon Thu 23-Jun-16 09:37:18

Catherine, we must have been separated at birth because I also was thinking of asking for some Ernest Wright tailors' shears for my birthday (but it's not til September!) I love the look of the tailors' snips as well but they're a good tenner more than the M & M ones...

I have a sewing machine table drawer full of scissors but have never bought a truly decent pair, except for some vintage Sheffield made pinking shears I picked up at a car boot for a quid or so, the other month!

CatherineDeB Thu 23-Jun-16 10:15:01

I am September too Joffrey (planning ahead). Likewise re never splurging on a forever pair before but they will last forever so a good present I think.

JoffreyBaratheon Sun 26-Jun-16 12:51:37

OK I took the plunge and ordered them (partly to cheer myself up on Friday following the news, and partly because I have been looking forward to Woolfest all year but now can't go as my sons decided to move house this weekend...)

I would have spent more than that at Woolfest, right?

The snips came yesterday. (How's that for prompt?) And are everything I'd hoped they'd be! Now to cut out a dress just so I can use them to snip some notches...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in