Crochet stitch inspiration

(10 Posts)
GiraffesCantDoMentalArithmetic Sat 18-Jun-16 12:19:48

I'm fairly new to crochet and I'm attempting a version of Attic24's cosy stripes blanket.

I'm putting in a different stitch every few rows to add interest (for me!). I've done a row of bobbles and a row of criss cross thingies so far.

Any ideas for another fun row?

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 18-Jun-16 13:02:51

Nice blanket so far. I like the bright colours.

Maybe a row of 'V' stitch.

A row of Catherine wheels.

Front post and back post treble crochet (on different rows).

Popcorn stitch - looks similar to bobbles.

SoupDragon Sat 18-Jun-16 13:13:24

Ive seen blanket patterns where every row is a different stitch.... A quick rummage in the Ravelry patterns brings up this one which has many different rows. You might be able to get ideas from it.

GiraffesCantDoMentalArithmetic Sat 18-Jun-16 15:02:26

Ooh thanks! I didn't even know what to google...

PolterGoose Sat 18-Jun-16 15:06:49

The 'as we go stripy blanket' Soupy has linked is lovely but the tension is a bit squiffy on some rows. The spice of life blanket has some nice simple rows.

PolterGoose Sat 18-Jun-16 15:09:29

... or it might just me me who had tension issues grin

IAmTheWhoreOfBabylon Sat 18-Jun-16 15:24:23

I love star stitch and often put it into patterns
The as you go stripey is a great pattern
Bobbles look good but I put them around the front post so they pop out more

DesertIslandPenguin Sat 18-Jun-16 16:07:03

I'm doing the as-we-go blanket at the moment and yes, the tension is a bit off. Despite going up 2 hook sizes I've still got pulled in edges for the Catherine Wheels. Lovely aside from that. I'm hoping it'll block out or maybe I can sneakily build up those sections with hdc instead of sc when I do the border...

BTW, thrilled to discover a crafty board!!

SoupDragon Sat 18-Jun-16 17:42:44

I have to say, I've never made the As We Go blanket - I out "mixed stitch blanket" into the Ravelry pattern search and that was one of the free ones! I thought it might have stitch ideas. Spice of Life is probably the one I was thinking of originally.

GiraffesCantDoMentalArithmetic Sat 18-Jun-16 18:06:09

The spice of life blanket is fab - thanks!

I tried the star stitch but got my tension really, really tight. I'll try again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now