Talk

Advanced search

Find me a gimp!

(5 Posts)
FenellaFerranti Sun 12-Jun-16 20:49:35

...or trim or braid to edge my upholstery project. I've got a lovely classy gold patterned linen and I need something along the edge - I've never bought gimp/trim before so don't know where to start. Ebay seems pretty low quality and the stuff I've found on Google seems far too ££££ for my pocket! Any suggestions for good websites to browse (or how best to trim a gold linen!!). Thank you!!

HalsallRedux Sun 12-Jun-16 20:56:30

You could take a look here, OP?

Not sure how the prices measure up to your budget, though - I doubt they're the cheapest so others may be along with more thrifty suggestions.

CatherineDeB Sun 12-Jun-16 20:59:16

www.macculloch-wallis.co.uk/c/715/trimmings

Is my favourite shop, fab selection. If they are more than you want to spend at least you might have an idea what to type into a search bar!

FenellaFerranti Mon 13-Jun-16 20:16:15

Oh wow thanks very much! That site looks good Halsall - shame so many 'awaiting images' though. Need to have a good nose.

Catherine that website is <lovely> thanks so much! Slightly in love with that feather fringing now though and trying to work out where I could possibly use it in the house!

CatherineDeB Mon 13-Jun-16 20:54:30

Hopefully not too many places at £20.83 plus vat ...... For an 18cm length shock.

Seriously thought some of my trims around the house pre date DH when I had an oasis of a home full of luxury (when all towels and sheets were crisp and white).

Expensive but worth a splurge imo! Some of mine are nearly 20 years old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now