Cutting Machine Recommendations please

(4 Posts)
girlinacoma Tue 31-May-16 22:23:47

I need to cut very large quantities of shapes from thin card and paper (circles, hearts, animals etc).

I'd like to purchase a cutting machine that will do the job for me but have never used one before so would love some recommendations before I invest.

14Years Thu 02-Jun-16 18:34:25

The main difference between machines is some are electric where you either use a cartridge or a computer in conjunction with the machine , or a roller-type machine which uses metal dies.

I've used and owned several different kinds of die-cutting machines and prefer a roller type, mainly for ease of use but also because the consumables (cutting plates) last for ages.

If you went for a roller-type machine the Sizzix Big Shot is very sturdy and easy to use and will take virtually all dies on the market. They also come with a three-year warranty in case of any issues. Most decent craft shops would let you have a play on a machine, Hobbycraft certainly do.

girlinacoma Fri 03-Jun-16 09:05:19

Fantastic advise, thanks so much smile

girlinacoma Fri 03-Jun-16 09:05:44

Fantastic advise, thanks so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now