Talk

Advanced search

How to sell art

(2 Posts)
LobsterClaws Thu 26-May-16 19:06:53

Hi,

I'm an artist by passion but not by profession, and I'd really love to start selling some of my art but how?
Can anyone recommend any online communities? Perhaps on Facebook? I've had a look around and have asked to join a couple but that's purely via searching so no idea if any good.

Someone suggested I approach greeting card companies, but don't think my work is suitable for them - it's mostly nature/plants but don't think it's "lite" enough for that market. I am thinking about creating some things especially as I'd like to give it a shot, but not sure what to do about my usual work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

VioletBam Thu 26-May-16 22:55:09

I follow a lot of artists on Facebook....and I have friends who sell. One wasn't trained but has painted all her life and then she just began showing her work on her own page...lots of people asked to buy prints.

She got prints made and sold them...then she had an exhibition in a local cafe and sold the originals and prints too.

Maybe try that? Just start uploading photos of your work...not for sale at first...just to show it and get some feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now