Anyone made anything like this? Any suggestions for how to do it?

(8 Posts)
Flossyfloof Fri 13-May-16 12:10:39

I have a feeling these are freestyled. I much prefer to knit to some kind of pattern though. Looks as if these are knitted on HUGE needles and just a random assortment of yarns. Can anyone add any thing please or suggest how to go about it?

brassbrass Fri 13-May-16 12:16:59

Looks like a triangle. So depending on your yarn and size of needles work out your starting chain. In theory you could start at either end: start at the widest part and decrease to a V or start at the point and increase until it's long and wide enough.

Flossyfloof Fri 13-May-16 12:19:25

Thanks, I have started at the bottom with one but don't think it's going to work, somehow. I don't ow why, it just doesn't look right. Looks like a great way of getting rid of stash stuff.

ToniWol Fri 13-May-16 12:38:35

Flossy - it depends hoy you're increasing I think. It looks like it's a knit twice into the end stitches rather than a yo or anything.

brassbrass Fri 13-May-16 12:39:33

google triangular shawl knitting pattern free

Flossyfloof Fri 13-May-16 12:53:24

I was doing a y/o before starting the row.

brassbrass Fri 13-May-16 12:58:31

do you crochet?

increasing and decreasing is so much easier and faster in crochet, imo anyway

Flossyfloof Fri 13-May-16 13:36:58

I do but am more of a knitter. I have never tried to increase or decrease with crochet but it really is time I did!!
Thank uou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now