Have any of you ever made a swimsuit for a Build a Bear?

(12 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 01-May-16 18:37:33

& would tell me how you did it?

I can't work it out & have no scraps for experimentation, just a teeny piece I pinched from a craft group that I think will be enough smile

parrotonmyshoulder Sun 01-May-16 18:38:29

No. But I'm making them for sylvanians this evening, apparently!

parrotonmyshoulder Sun 01-May-16 18:39:09

I'm useless though and will be just sewing identical back and front pieces together

lucysmam Sun 01-May-16 18:40:52

Ooh, we haven't had the Sylvanians out in ages! I have no intention of making clothes quite so teeny if I can help it though grin

Ilikesweetpeas Sun 01-May-16 18:44:06

Couldn't you just buy a babies one? I'm sure that 0-3 months would fit and would probably be a lot easier!!

parrotonmyshoulder Sun 01-May-16 18:44:15

Ours have taken over the entire living room today (with a little 'assistance' from Spider-Man and the Lego guys at times). Sylvanians all require swimsuits. Greedy little rodents!

lucysmam Sun 01-May-16 18:45:12

Probably Ilike but it's the Rainbows bear, we're limited on spending money at the moment & making it myself with scraps acquired here and there is cheaper than buying.

parrotonmyshoulder Sun 01-May-16 18:48:45

There's a Rainbows bear? I don't think DD's pack (Troupe? Cloud?) have one of these! She would be talking about it constantly.

BlossomCat Sun 01-May-16 18:55:14

pattern bloghttp://thesavagedolls.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/my-favorite-free-patterns.html?m=1
At the bottom of this link is a doll's swimming costume pattern, could you adapt it?

BlossomCat Sun 01-May-16 18:56:42

Aaagh! Link fail! I'll try again! smile
thesavagedolls.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/my-favorite-free-patterns.html?m=1

lucysmam Sun 01-May-16 18:56:56

It's a Build a Bear (it's actually a cat with a very long tail) - we went today & made it plus got knickers and trainers. All for nothing! The girls had an absolute ball & the woman who did it was fab with them.

Worth your dd's leaders asking instore if you have one local to you & they want a unit mascot

lucysmam Sun 01-May-16 19:00:49

Thanks very much Blossom, I think I could adapt that. I've hunted all over the place & not seen anything.

One I downloaded just took me to a blank page when I opened it to print confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now