Talk

Advanced search

Crochet help needed

(3 Posts)
Fairyfellowsmasterstroke Sat 02-Apr-16 19:36:03

I have posted this in Woolly Hugs but I'm hoping for more traffic here:-

I am crocheting my first ever C2C blanket which is earmarked for the Woolly Hugs Billie's Blankets deadline however I've misjudged the dimensions.

I now have a blanket measuring 35" x 60" which is fine in length but too short in width.

How can I salvage this????
If I add a border it will increase the length as well as the width which will perpetuate the problem. I have plenty of wool left over but need help with my dilemma.

Can anyone give me suggestions to help me increase the width on a C2C.

Thank you.

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 02-Apr-16 22:01:25

Could you make some 6" squares - either grannies or C2C and sew them in strips down either side of your blanket. Sewing them either side will make it look symmetrical and planned. Finish off with a border of double crochet or crab stitch to tie it all together without adding any length.

Fairyfellowsmasterstroke Sun 03-Apr-16 09:50:44

Thank you Woolly - that seems like a good idea and, if I do the squares in C2C, they will blend in nicely with the rest of my blanket.

I'd never heard of crab stitch but have just researched it and it looks like a lovely way to border in.

Thank you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now