CAL - can anyone suggest or recommend one?

(8 Posts)
SquirrelFruitandNutkin Sat 02-Apr-16 09:17:46

I've lost my crochet mojo. sad

I've been tempted by CALs in the past but time or money or other projects have held me back.

I was thinking of trying a CAL (current or old) as a way to get my cro-jo back.

Are there any you can suggest or recommend? smile

Bluecarrot Sat 02-Apr-16 09:24:28

I liked this one, but mainly as I was a beginner and it gave me lots of stitches to try, and if one was too hard I just skipped it, or if medium hard I knew I only had to do one or two lines of it!
Got so many compliments on it smile
notyouraveragecrochet.com/as-we-go-stripey-blanket/

Interested in seeing other suggestions too.

SoupDragon Sat 02-Apr-16 09:57:17

The Moogly ones are good. This year's one is currently running and the patterns for all the squares from last years will be free for ever. You make a variety of 12" squares and there are suggestions for alternatives to use if you don't like a particular pattern. I haven't finished last year's yet but I made all mine in Stylecraft DK (which meant they cam up at around 10" but this won't matter)

It's on the Moogly blog and there are also Ravelry groups for them.

There is also the "BAM CAL" on Ravely which is Block A Month.

I do like a CAL based on squares as it's portable and also you can end up with something different to everyone else due to placement, colour and alternative square choice.

itallsucks Sat 02-Apr-16 18:56:52

There's a new one starting on the 20th April, it's Scheepjes CAL 2016 - Last dance on the beach. There is a Facebook page for it, I found out from my local wool shop, Loremar, sorry can't link as still haven't figured out how to do it on my tablet lol.

Ouch44 Sat 02-Apr-16 19:03:54

I'm doing this CAL. There is also a FB group

keepcalmandcrochetonuk.wordpress.com/crochet-a-long-2016/

PollyannaWhittier Sat 02-Apr-16 22:54:39

There's one at the moment on a blog called crystals and crochet, also hosted on the 'official ccc social group' (I think) on Facebook, called mandala madness. Lots of pictures on pinterest if you search mandala madness cal
www.crystalsandcrochet.com/introducing-mandala-madness-cal/ (hope that works, I'm on my phone and I can't work out how to embed links !)

Mookbark Mon 04-Apr-16 20:03:48

The stylecraft Frieda's flowers starts tomorrow. I did the lily pond one by the same designer and loved it, so I'm very excited.

SoupDragon Mon 04-Apr-16 23:29:42

This has inspired me to get back to my 2015 Moogly CAL smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now