Talk

Advanced search

I don't understand Pom Poms

(10 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Sun 13-Mar-16 16:18:57

confused I can't tie the wool round tight enough for the bits not to fall out. Wool is too stretchy a substance.

My Pom no work sad

seven201 Sun 13-Mar-16 16:45:24

Hmmm I've never had that problem. Is it on a Pom Pom maker? Have you watched YouTube clips? Maybe it's the type of wool you have...

BoyGirlBoy3 Sun 13-Mar-16 16:52:45

If you are making it on 2 circles of card, split the two circles apart, and then wind the wool around the middle, really tightly, then tie 2 strong knots.

ThreadyPants Sun 13-Mar-16 16:54:09

Pom Pom makers are amazing, 5 minutes and it's done. The best are made by Clover.

squicketysquack Sun 13-Mar-16 16:58:07

Seconding the Clover pom pom makers. Least crafty person EVER here and even I can make a reasonable pom pom using them.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 13-Mar-16 17:01:13

I'm using a Pom maker. I've tried all different wools and they just seem to not go tight enough - maybe I'm not strong enough to tie them?

activeme777 Thu 17-Mar-16 09:44:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 18-Mar-16 20:42:07

Clover Pom Pom makers are the business.

I made an amazing wreath out of Pom poms with those gadgets, so easy and quick to do. I will never dread making a Pom Pom ever again.......

GrouchyKiwi Fri 18-Mar-16 20:49:43

I am shit at pompoms too, and then my daughters just pull them apart and leave the little bits of wool everywhere.

I am never making them again.

Except maybe on knitting projects. Undecided on that point.

TheLittleFoxes Sat 19-Mar-16 15:42:00

I have a Clover pompom maker but my pom-poms are still very unsatisfactory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now