Advanced search

Patchwork or quilters help needed

(5 Posts)
Joolly2 Sat 12-Mar-16 23:36:07

I am a novice sewer and would really like to have a go at patchwork. I went to a show today and bought a packet of mini charms (2.5 inch) fabric squares with the intention of trying a patchwork technique I saw on youtube. To do it I need to source some lightweight interfacing with a 2.5 grid printed on it. I have been looking online for an hour and just can't find any. It must exist as I have watched the tutorial. Has anyone bought some or used it in the past and can tell me where to look. Many thanks.

Smudge588 Sun 13-Mar-16 07:14:42

Vilene do a one with cm lines printed on it but I've never seen one in inches. You could do it yourself by drawing on some ordinary lightweight interfacing. I use pencil but if you're worried about marking it you could use a water solvable marker.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sun 13-Mar-16 07:27:50

I expect it's American - maybe try an American online quilting shop?
Alternatively you could ring up a big British one like The Cottonpatch and ask - they might be able to get it in specially for you.

backinpurple Mon 14-Mar-16 10:20:21

I think I saw the same thing on pintrest OP, my local sewing shop sells the interfacing by the meter and I just assumed that I would need to draw the lines on myself using a yard stick/meter rule. I guess that way you can draw in different sized squares?

Joolly2 Mon 14-Mar-16 10:46:47

Thank you all for your help. I will have a go at drawing my own, but I will also try looking at some American sites, you are right about it being an American video. I didn'the notice that when I first looked at it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now