Talk

Advanced search

what can I knit with 50g of hand-spun wool?

(11 Posts)
ArtfulPuss Thu 10-Mar-16 10:43:10

Just finished plying a 50g skein of lovely soft cream wool (not sure what kind, it was a gift). Now not sure what to do with it! It's exactly 50g, just weighed it, and prob aran weight. Our spinning group has a craft fair coming up, so I'd like to make something with it as a standalone project (i.e. without combining it with other wools).
Grateful for any ideas or suggestions!

ouryve Thu 10-Mar-16 10:47:33

What sort of weight have you ended up with? It would be perfect for a little shawlette or cowl.

ouryve Thu 10-Mar-16 10:48:23

Sorry. Missed the Aran Wight bit!

CrystalQueen Thu 10-Mar-16 10:49:52

have you looked on Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/). You can search the pattern database by yarn weight and total amount of yarn used.

ArtfulPuss Thu 10-Mar-16 11:04:55

Ooh, I do use Ravelry but didn't think to search by specifics… Just looked + it asks for yardage/meterage rather than grams. No idea how to work this out short of unravelling and measuring (which I really don't want to do!). Will have a browse on there, though, thanks for suggestion.
ouryve I am about 6 months into a Semele shawlette, using Malabrigo lace. It's beautiful, but very, very slow going! Think I might need some sort of recovery period when I finally finish it before I start another grin

TeaPleaseLouise Thu 10-Mar-16 11:11:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ouryve Thu 10-Mar-16 12:42:05

Something like this, maybe?
www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/little-shell-fingerless-gloves

gasman Thu 17-Mar-16 17:14:48

50g of Aran weight isn't very much at all.

A hat?

ArtfulPuss Sat 02-Apr-16 17:10:16

I know gasman, that was the problem!
Made these fingerless mitts in the end, and even had a teeny bit left over.

Helenluvsrob Sun 10-Apr-16 21:12:10

Too down hat ?

Magz0 Sun 01-May-16 15:48:06

Wow! Turned out lovely, well done, gotta try these with some of my small wool "scraps"!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now