Talk

Advanced search

decent poster paints??!!??

(7 Posts)
shockedballoon Sun 06-Mar-16 14:46:25

Does anyone know where you can get a set of poster paints that have robust colour coverage and aren't watery-assed feeble pigment - lacking disappointments!

Just doing some craft stuff with DS and neither of us are impressed with his paints. He's some from wilkinson's and some i think were from hobby craft. They have a slimy texture and give rubbish coverage.

I remember them smelling chalky in primary school? Though this was a long time ago!

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 06-Mar-16 14:48:04

Acrylics are best, much better coverage

shockedballoon Sun 06-Mar-16 15:07:14

Do they wash out though? I mean even though DS wears an apron, he's 6.....grin

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 06-Mar-16 15:20:01

Because they are less runny it doesn't spread as much, but i do restrict it to projects we actually want to keep/ give as gifts.
It doesn't wash out of clothes very well

NannyR Sun 06-Mar-16 15:33:17

Acrylics don't wash out of clothes. I've always preferred powder paints for children's craft activities, you can mix them to different consistencies, but I've only used them in schools, I don't know if you can buy them in smaller quantities.

shockedballoon Sun 06-Mar-16 15:59:53

Ah - maybe it's powder paints I'm remembering! <<scuttles off to google>>
I think I'll save acrylics for when he's a little more 'exacting' in his painting!

Thanks!

WisestIsShe Mon 07-Mar-16 19:30:28

I'm a cm and use scola paint. I remember having it in school when I was a child! The colours are brilliant and only the purple is tricky to get out. I get it from Amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now