Advanced search

What is this for?

(7 Posts)
00100001 Fri 04-Mar-16 19:02:44

I have no clue, can you wise MNers help?

Scoopmuckdizzy Fri 04-Mar-16 19:05:18

It looks like a Spirograph piece to me!

WhoWants2Know Fri 04-Mar-16 19:09:12

Isn't it a spool of thread, just in a different shape?

00100001 Fri 04-Mar-16 20:02:54

It is, but what is it used for, why are there two holes?

backinpurple Sat 05-Mar-16 09:59:40

I should think it likely that the two holes are more to do with the yellow thread being wound onto the piece of plastic in the first place. The piece of plastic probably slotted onto a machine using the holes. I think it's just a 'nice' thread holder for a sewing kit or similar?

seven201 Sat 05-Mar-16 10:17:20

Is it for weaving or knitting where you wind thread or yarn round?

prokupatuskrakedatus Sat 19-Mar-16 15:08:40

I know this thread is a few days old, but ... to me this is the traditional way 'Zwirn' - a sturdier type of thread for sewing by hand - is sold. It used to be cardboard - in the 50ties - now its plastic.
As mentioned above the holes probably have a function in the production process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now