Talk

Advanced search

Crocheting an infinity scarf and need help please!

(8 Posts)
UndramaticPause Wed 27-Jan-16 22:17:54

So it started as 150 chain and I'm on round 6 so as you can understand I'm loathe to unpick and start again.

But

It's got a massive twist in it, at least one if not two. How can I fix this? I can't can I sad

PolterGoose Wed 27-Jan-16 22:20:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UndramaticPause Wed 27-Jan-16 22:20:55

No. It's meant to be a ring and the twist is done by the wearer.

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 27-Jan-16 22:26:49

Sorry, I can't see how you can un-twist it without unraveling it. sad

If you start again then I suggest doing the first row flat and joining it together after your first row. You'll have a very short gap that can be sewn up using the trailing end from your foundation chain. This will avoid your chain twisting.

UndramaticPause Wed 27-Jan-16 22:29:05

I thought that would be the answer sad

I'm tempted to cut it and sew it back up but I think I'll lose the lot if I did

UndramaticPause Wed 27-Jan-16 22:29:27

Thank you thougg

SoupDragon Fri 29-Jan-16 08:17:54

A mobius infinity scarf has a twist in it. I've made a couple with a deliberate twist - can you pretend it's a design feature?

Jinglebells99 Fri 29-Jan-16 08:36:58

There's a method for preventing this happening with a long chain. You chain 30 or so then insert the end of the crochet hook into the first chain, and later when you have completed the whole chain, you slide that chain along the hook and slip stitch the two together. It needs to be one of those thin metal hooks. It's described better here,
www.thelavenderchair.com/crochet-tutorial-how-to-join-a-long-series-of-chains/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now