Talk

Advanced search

Favourite quilting supplies shop

(13 Posts)
hillbilly Tue 05-Jan-16 20:17:04

Tell me your favourite online (or not) quilting shop. I intend to be doing a fair bit this year so would like to find somewhere with good customer service and competitive prices. Thanks!

Flutterbye Fri 08-Jan-16 20:35:53

Big one in Henley, but not officially a shop (it's a warehouse with lessons, plus the odd open day) so I'd ring if you'd like to visit to make sure they're open. Lady Sew & Sew

mydutifullaunderette Mon 11-Jan-16 10:51:42

I've recently used Remnant House and been really pleased with quick delivery and lovely fabrics (bought Moda, so colours and prints are gorgeous).

hillbilly Mon 11-Jan-16 12:40:59

Thanks I'll check them out :-)

Sgtmajormummy Mon 11-Jan-16 12:58:31

I go straight to thequiltroom.com as I'm a Lintott jellyroll quilt fan. They also do kits including contrast and backing for their own quilts and a monthly Moda new release.

Sgtmajormummy Mon 11-Jan-16 13:00:11

www.quiltroom.co.uk sorry!

craftynclothy Mon 11-Jan-16 21:45:59

Fabric guild (though delivery can be slow as I think they only dispatch on certain days. I much prefer a trip there)

mydutifullaunderette Wed 13-Jan-16 10:02:07

Sgtmajormummy I got a lintott jelly roll quilt book from the library yesterday - it looks brilliant! Have you made a lot?

Sgtmajormummy Wed 13-Jan-16 12:00:15

dutiful
Just two of the "Heirloom to Antique" ones (Sweet 16 and Celebration, I now have my eye on the Tumbling Blocks). I bought their Sampler JellyRoll Quilts book but only made one Star Block for a Christmas wreath.

I was so proud of myself and felt they were holding my hand every step of the way. They simplify everything to let you use your sewing machine, and the Jelly Rolls mean most of the cutting is done for you. All gain and no pain!

I made quilts out of baby clothes for both my DC, but a lack of skill and matching ability meant they didn't look as nice as they could... So I learned to get around that with those books.

Sgtmajormummy Wed 13-Jan-16 12:05:40

My Celebration Time Jellyroll Quilt made with Moda Printemps. grin

mydutifullaunderette Wed 13-Jan-16 22:04:01

Oo that's amazing, you must be properly proud of that! I have plans to do the 'Stars and Stripes' (from New Ways with Jelly Rolls book) for myself - but have to finish a log cabin one for someone else's wedding first..

Sgtmajormummy Thu 14-Jan-16 07:25:40

Thank you! blush

Log Cabin, eh? I think somebody's downplaying their skills...

mydutifullaunderette Thu 14-Jan-16 12:47:13

You have NO idea how long it takes me! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now