Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas? - knitter, sewer and just started crocheting

(9 Posts)
daisydalrymple Thu 31-Dec-15 17:57:43

Hello, just wondering if anybody here can suggest some gift ideas for my sis. It's her birthday soon, and am looking for something a bit different to the usual toiletries, candles, books, cds etc.

We got her some crochet needles/ hooks (requested) as one of her Christmas gifts.

I was thinking of a knitting bag. But that's as far as I got. grin any suggestions welcome.

lovevintagecrap Thu 31-Dec-15 18:21:40

How about some crochet stitch markers or a selection of nice cotton yarn- try Wool Warehouse Drops Cotton range (sorry , can't link on phone).

daisydalrymple Thu 31-Dec-15 18:33:26

Ooh that means nothing to me but sounds fabulous! I will have a look thanks so much!

faintlyoptimistic Thu 31-Dec-15 18:35:32

Crochet hook roll?

wheat32 Thu 31-Dec-15 18:36:33

What about a yarn drum ( search Amazon sorry can't link) I ordered mine before Christmas and it arrived today from the States. Lots of room for wool, needles and hooks.

Clobbered Thu 31-Dec-15 18:37:09

If you're in the UK, Hobbycraft have a great selection of crafty things - you can buy online as well as in store.

faintlyoptimistic Thu 31-Dec-15 18:38:59

Just had another idea for something else I'd like.

...a yarn bowl.

daisydalrymple Thu 31-Dec-15 19:48:14

Ooh these all sound great, thank you very much!

KatyN Sat 02-Jan-16 15:37:50

Debbie bliss make amazing yarns and her website has lovely knitting things that I regularly list after.
Depends if you are thinking of practical gifts of beautiful ones!!
K

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now